Saturday, October 25, 2008

Encyclopaedia of Improbable Games

I'm here! Late, but here! My moly is themed "An Encyclopaedia of Improbable Games", and can be any sort of game: board games, card games, skipping games, dangerous games, bizarre, twisted, excessively complicated games - as long as they're improbable!

Mine is a proposal for a board game called "Heroine Content - Remix!", played with dice and turntables and cards and spinners and volcanoes. The title is more than a nod to the Heroine Content blog, and the game takes some of my favourite heroines and throws them into each others' universes, because I do want to know how Isabella Bird would react if she met Han Solo, or how Anne of Green Gables would cope in a bar brawl in Tibet.

42nd Moleskine Exchange: My moly

There is more detail if you go through to Flickr and click on "all sizes", but here are some close-ups of the three visible figures and my favourite cards:

42nd Moleskine Exchange: Closeups

Now I want to make this game! Or at least some Bad Luck Monkey cards...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this theme and I want to play the game too! Can't wait to see the book when it makes its way east.

Lynne said...

when you get the game into production I'll buy one ! great theme :-)

tanaudel said...

Thanks :) I'm plotting and schemeing and trying to whittle the shortlist of heroines down... but I may have found a way around that.

Lady Orlando said...

I love to play games... but I always get mixed up while playing (not very bright, isn't? hehehe).

tanaudel said...

Oh, but it's the whole point of this one! Heroine-Content-Remix is meant to be confusing, and the whole sketchbook will be a sort of game of Calvinball - any sort of game you want, the odder the better, and make up the rules as you go :)

Amy said...

Very interesting theme.

Anyone else a Nick Bantock fan? ;)

tanaudel said...

I knew of him rather than about him - I haven't read his books - but some of his art is lovely!
http://www.nickbantock.com/original_art/Museum_at_Purgatory_Art.html

Anna Denise said...

AWESOME theme!